Saturday, April 12, 2008

AHHH, There are Strings Attached!

Today I had a triathlon race in Valdese and talked to another triathlete who was a lotttery winner two years ago. He said that I had to qualify for the lottery slot! Qualify, how? Apparently he said I had to race a 70.3 race or an ironman in the previous 12 months leading up to the cutoff date of Aug 31st. WHAT NEWS THIS WAS!!!

I ran home after the race and searched through the ironman web site and there is was, he was not lying. I had to qualify for the race!, UG!

Immediately I looked at all the races in the Carolinas and VA and all of the 70.3 races were all booked and full. I then sent an e-mail to the race director, Bill Scott to see if I could turn in all of my other slots and buy a slot in one of the 70.3 races. So I have sent that e-mail off and we will see what happens.

No comments: