Monday, April 21, 2008

Getting the Game Plan Together

Since my last entry I have talked to Sonni and he assures me that he will have me dialed in and there is no need for me to train above and beyond what I am doing now until the end of May at his triathlon camp that I have signed up for. At that point I should be biking about 55 miles on the weekend starting my build cycles (up from 35-40 miles once a week). One good thing we were talking about was that aside from infinit liquid formula (similar to gatorade but customized for me and more effective) and gu packs or two, Fritos were going to be part of the nutrition plan as well. Salt is critical. He also said that we would be experimenting with different nutrition during teh longer rides and run to see what worked best. I will also be hitting the electrolytes while training in the heat for sure.

I have also found others who have been to Kona either by qualifying or by winning a slot. I have more questions at this point than they have time to answer so I am just going to save a lot of the questions for a couple months down the road and see how many I can answer on my own and leave the tougher questions for the guys who have been there. There are a lot of people who I know who have run other ironman races as well and I will be hitting them up for much of the information I will have questions about too.

I am tapering right now for my race in St. Petersburg this weekend so my volume is going down. I got in 1.3 miles in the pool today and it was mainly an eaasy pace throughout with drills.

No comments: