Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Race May Not be My Biggest Challenge

I received an e-mail back from Bill Scott saying No. What support he has for his clients who pay hundreds of dollars a year to race in his venues! I offered to hand in all of my race slots for the remainder of the year in closed out races in order to get the one slot in teh White Lake 70.3 race, to no avail. He and I went back and forth several times on e-mail and he was really disinterested because he didn't have a relationship with Ironman USA. I will leave this one here and comment no further on Setup Events, Inc. Obviously, I am very frustrated.


So where to go now. I need to touch base with my coach, Sonni, and see what I can do here. Sonni has been training Ironamn athletes for years and several who have raced in Kona, he will have some great input I bet. The only option I am looking at right now is the Mountaineer 70.3 in WVa which looks very, very tough and it's coming up quick on the calender, if I have to I will race this one I will, but at first glance, no thanks!

I will send an e-mail to Ironman USA and plead my case, surely they will understand.

No comments: