Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thoughts about the game plan

Today I have a call schedule with my Coach Sonni Dyer. This will be the start of formulating a training schedule that will take me to the point where I can race the race in Kona. At this point my biggest concerns are mainly the heat in Kona and staying injury free up to race day.

The swim and the bike, I can see getting there ok, but the run is a little concerning at this point. I run 7-9 miles in regular training sessions but 26 miles after the swim and the bike in the heat, is another story. One thing I need to keep focused on is that I still need to race in Williamsburg at the Patriots Half Ironman to qualify. That’s not going to be a walk in the park either especially in the beginning of Sept in VA. It will be hot there in September.

No comments: